Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Love Hate Relationship with Shoe Shopping.

It is definitely uncommon and I am going to let the cat out of the bag. I loathe shoe shopping but I love shoes. I really do. And I am only looking for the quirkier, the better and the classiest, the better. Nothing else in between.

The reasons are aplenty and mainly because I am very picky about what I wear on my feet. Whenever I walk past a shoe boutique and with just one look, I would have already decided whether I like the shoes and if it is worth checking it out. It has to be comfy, take me to places and have slip grips on the bottom of the shoes because I don't want to fall on slippery floors etc. Frankly, I am not sure whether it is just me but I have always found it extremely difficult to find a real pair of good looking shoes that I can actually say it was love at first sight. Plus I have fat feet although I am size 38 which technically, shoe shopping should be so much easier if not most of the shoes helped make them look fatter. And I really hate shoes that goes out of shape when I try them on. Hello? It looks awful and no matter how nice a design I am not going to buy them.

For the longest time, I have always bought shoes out of necessity (except for that pair of leather flats which The Friend and I bought about a month ago. Hello? Comfort, work and play appropriate!). It was depressing and boring. But I just simply cannot find that one pair of shoes that can make my heart sing.

So, on a whim after dinner yesterday, I decided to wander into Cotton On and my eyes fell on THE pair of flats. It has been a long time since I went absolutely crazy for shoes and actually bought two pairs on a weekend! Just love them so much! And it does help that it is animal printed, I love anything animal printed! (Oh, before I forget, I also got a pair of gorgeous sandals at an amazing steal on Friday night!)





The Bro pointed out yesterday that it could match my current nails:


I don't think the shoes have slip grips but whatever, I am just going to be extra careful! It has been a great shoe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment